View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
losteverything

So what has changed?

Hello all....Today is my Day 90 without alcohol. I dont write this for pats on the back, but perhaps I can relate what has changed in my life, so far. Well, to start, I never thought I would be able to last this long, even though I was committed to abstinence, so my personal belief in myself has increased, my self confidence grew, and obviously, my bank account is alot healthier as well. I dont miss the morning shakes at all, or walking my dog in the morning feeling sick and tired, hating myself, wondering when I would finally start living again. Things that really are tangible with quitting drinking are simple things normies take for granted, like being able to drive whenever they wish to, without worry about cop lights behind, or if someone needs to be transported to Emergency at any time of day or night, I now can do that without first doing the self check for how much i might have drank already. I also can get up in the morning, drink tea or coffee for the enjoyment, not just to chase the hangover away. I no longer need to think about alcohol all day, do I have enough, should I buy some walking the dog, will I need a shot in a bit, when was my last shot...Damn Alcohol had wrapped itself around every aspect of my life without me realizing it, and getting rid of that obsession? That is living, That is Freedom.....that is who I am right now, and I hope to keep growing up and growing inside...Alcohol is a soul stealer, and there is nothing left for me inside that bottle anymore....
Have a great day all....My celebration of 90 day includes my children, and BBQ, and excercise..and feeling finally that in fact, yes, I am worth something more than just a drunk...