View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tjp613

lesliej - you said it so much better than I did! Try to just step back and let the "magic" of the house do its thing. It may or may not work, but it's the best shot he's got right now. I suppose our job is only to sit back and pray.

On a side note -- I just want to share with all of you that I spoke to my AS yesterday and it was sooooo exciting to hear his personality return. I had almost forgotten what he was really like under all those drugs. We laughed a LOT and it was amazing. He even commented how cool it is that when you put good energy out into the universe that good energy returns to you. Voila!! He's getting it!!! He even said he applied at a nursing home (!!!!!) and really wants to work there because it would teach him some much needed humility while giving him the opportunity to really make a difference. I almost fell out of my chair. (Of course, the $11/hour probably was a keen motivator as well.)

Don't mean to steal your thread at all, just want to share my hope with you.... Honestly, I don't expect this pink cloud to last. I know enough to realize this could all go "poof" in a heartbeat. But....for today....I have relief in the form of renewed hope. I'll take it any way I can get it.