View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dale6667

Why was all the blame put on me??

My abf of three years is now in rehab for 28 days. Things were very bad in the relationship. I was co-dependent, lied for him, picked him up in drunken stupors etc. He was on the verge of losing his job of 27 years and it was mandatory he get help. Of course I made all the arrangements packed and got him on the plane. After dropping him off I went back to his home and got all my personal belongings. Since he has been gone his family called and told me to stay away from him, changed the locks on his house and told me I was no good for him. Why am I getting the blame?

We have had a meeting by phone with the counselor and I informed him I am now attending Ala-non (Which has helped me) and I am no longer there to pick up after him. He responded I don't believe you! This is his third time relapsing and sorry to say it will not be his last.

I have learned through Ala-non many things about me and the so called relationship I was in. I just feel I don't understand why all the blame has been put on me? His family are all alcoholics also.