Thread: Detaching
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Musicta

Thanks everyone. I kept hearing in my own head..NO, NO, NO...do not get her food. This is enabling...

Gosh, they know how to manipulate better than anything else and to play the system...scary.

Just for information...I went from an alcoholic ex husband now, to my daughter being a drug addict....I've had enough. Yes, and it took me a VERY long time to come to this point...and NOBODY can tell you when to stop...I had a friend that would tell me what to do constantly and got tired of it....(we are no longer friends). She had no clue what kind of pain, guilt, worry, etc....I had in my mind. No one who has never dealt with addiction knows what we feel, the codependents....But, anyway, I had to come to my own point of stopping. We codependents are as sick as the addicts..

Again, all of you have made me feel better and I read everything you suggested...most of all, if they can get money to buy drugs, why not food? Their choice..right..

And Kind Eyes, that other forum was good on this subject and what you said was excellent! Fear and guilt and the unbelievable stories we put into our own heads..."If i don't feed him, then he may steal, then end up in jail," and on and on...What stories we weave in our own heads! I bet our addicts don't think a thing...UNTIL, they are forced to.

Thank you so much. And, thank you so much for the hugs and prayers..that's all we can do for each other..What a world we live in, huh?

Tricia