View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
LosingmyMisery
Today's Muse

I've lost a job as a bank vault teller, a job in retail, and a waitress position, due to my drinking career. The waitress job was a disaster. Hard to handle food when you have the shakes from alcohol withdrawals. The cups of soup were especially difficult to handle. Hard to hide the fact you're shaking when you can hear the bowl and saucer rattling. My solution was to keep booze in my purse to guzzle in the ladies room to alleviate my problems. Funny thing, it made things worse. I don't recommend this. My last night there I came plowing through the double doors (plowed) with a plate of food and the Chinese egg roll from the dinner combo went flying off the plate and sailed across the room. I pretty much suspected that was the end of my waitressing career, and it was.

Since being sober, I've worked for the Department of Corrections in a men's maximum security prison. I have worked in Education, Property, and Medical. I just recently promoted to Admin Assistant working for management. I never in a million years thought I would be working in a prison, but I love it and have been there for over 7 years. If all goes as I hope, I will retire from DOC.