Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
herowithin

can you take subs for 3days to detox off heroin need advice please

OK I'm really disappointed in myself I've been clean for a yr due to being incarcerated which I'd never of thought would of turned into such a blessing because sobriety does feel great but it has become even harder to stay clean while I'm out! Its next to impossible for me right now due to lack of support and the love of my life well she is still using! I'm torn between what I should do? I've been a heroin addict for the last 8yrs of my life lost everything gone to prison twice for it! I'm now out on parole and I thought I would be strong enough to be around it and not slip. Well I was wrong I relapased my first wk out! I used for a few days quit and was good then I used again and here I am 3wks later been using every day thus far! I screwed up and I don't know what to do? I definitely didn't miss the withdrawals which I'm now bout to have! I have a ua more then Lilly when I report next! I plan on taking suboxones for the next 3-4 days then go cold Turkey from there. Hopefully I won't be experiencing heavy withdrawals if I do that? Since I've only been using for three wks if I take suboxones for a few days I should be off the heroin right? I just need anything to help ease the withdraws. Then hopefully I should come up clean for my urine test? Say I'm doing this a solid wk before my ua! I hope to God ill pass and that the subs will help? I read too many mixed answers on weather the suboxones will even show up on an ua t.est for parole? I'm risking a lot my freedom everything! I'm a fool I'm embarrassed and hugely disappointed I have two prior poss charges and a third I could be gone for a real long time and yet here I am screwing up! My girl is an addict as well I want her to get on subs but she refuses says they make her sicker! She wants to start a methadone treatment instead guess its a start atleast! This is going to be one of the hardest things I may go thru in life! I do know now that once I'm off again I'm thru with it for good or to the beat of my ability! Its so hard but I do not miss waking up sick, feinding, blowing money, getting sucked back In the ugly world of heroin addiction! I realized I screwed up but yb hoping I can maintain my sobriety for good this time! I miss working out feeling alive and in control of my life! I need help and I'm supposed to go to NA/AA meetings for Parole I'm a bit skeptical on if they even work or which one I should go to? Guess any support is better then none at all? My girl says she'll quit that I'm the love of her life and shell do anything for me. She's so afraid to loose me again nor do I wish to put her thru that again! I admit I have a problem been using for yrs and the only time I'm.ever sober is when I'm locked up! This is so hard and I'm afraid if my girl can't quit that I might have to leave her! We are all we pretty much have both of us have no family and we depend on on another! She will continue to use once I'm off because she will have to work so my questions which one is better to do and still be able to function suboxones or methadone? But she insists subs make her sick! Then again if I just use Subaru for 3 days and stop will I atleast still be good and past the most severe part of withdrawal and do subs show up for a ua for parole? I will be doing this a wk before I report and yes I realize how foolish I am and don't plan on doing this for the remainder of my time on Parole! I'm going to try my hardest stay clean I value my freedom too much! The power of addiction is strong and sometimes manages to overcome my will. Makes no sense how much one is willing to risk I've had an opiate addiction for too many yrs now and not one good thing has came from it! I don't want to waste my life away in prison so I need to act now! I realize ill always be an addict I relapsed and need help I appreciate any suggestions that are given so thank you for the input!