View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Cool.....

Glad you didn't misinterpret what I was saying.

It's helped me to try to see both sides of things even when I think I'm doing the "right" think or when I'm sure I'm on solid ground. My post was really more something to put in the back of your mind and consider for a while.

I DON'T believe in hiding from booze. That doesn't usually work in and of itself...not for long anyway. That little paragraph has helped me more than just early in sobriety though. Sometimes I find myself doing that "whistling in the dark" in other areas of recovery beyond just the 'not drinking' part. ...things like ducking responsibility, acting immaturely, avoiding things I need to do in favor of doing things I want to do..... all things that I convince myself I can do with impunity at the time I'm planning or doing them.

Seems you're right where you're supposed to be. I did a LOT of thinking, pondering, figuring, etc for the first maaaany months. Early sobriety is darn confusing - at least it was for me. I never know what will resonate with whom...good of you to be so open minded though - I've found that to be an important component to recovery.