View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

DayTrader: Just wanted to say, the below is something I've given tons of thoughts to in the last few months:

"...for he isn’t happy about his sobriety. He cannot picture life without alcohol."

Yeah, sometimes I'm not happy about my sobriety. But not very often, and those times are becoming more and more rare. Picturing my life without alcohol? In the beginning it was something I didn't want to look at, it was too hard. Now I can honestly say I can imagine my life that way. But also being honest, in that I did have that bummed out feeling when I saw the pics - just like the feeling I described above. I don't know how else to describe it. It was a bummer feeling but a feeling of, I know it can't/won't happen.

Yesterday I was thinking to myself - interesting how I do all these things for sobriety, mtgs, sponsor. Definitely no going back. And then I told myself, how do you feel about that? Knowing you will never drink again, you will be forever sober? I didn't really have an answer - it was more like, well, it is what it is.