Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

I used to think that i was an alcoholic and by medical definition I probably am but anymore I don't consider that to be the case. Do I have a problem with alcohol? No because I don't drink anymore. DID I have a problem with alcohol? Very much so, yes. I think that the deffinition of alcoholic is all in the eye of the beholder, and right now that beholder is you. Do you consider yourself to be an alcoholic or not?

Personaly I think that I just got in the habit of drinking on a daily basis because I am slothful and it was an easy way to feel good and entertain myself. I became addicted to a habit an easy way out of reality. Was i physcialy dependent? Meh that depends as well, i didn't die during my first few days so dependent might be a strong word. But at the same time it wasn't fun and easy, and it took me a while to get out of the habit. Now if someone asked me if I was an alcoholis I would say no, but I would add that I quit drinking because me and alcohol get along way too well and I could easily have become one given enought time.

Just for the record I am only "dry" two weeks but have no intention of picking up ever again, becasuse I recognized that it was causing problems in my life and saw where I was headed with my alcohol use and it wasn't pretty. I have also never been to AA, so don't know the protocol. I would say that quiting while the quitin's good is a good thing and if AA helps with that good. But also if you have problems with the label then either change the label to suit your prefferences or don't use one at all, if you group dosen't like that find one that does, or at least doesn't mind.