Thread: 90 days sober
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jeans
JEANS

90 days sober

I don't particularly keep a log of my sober days, I just tend to count them every so often and I noticed I was on 90 days today. I knew deep down this time was for good but I still had doubts that I would come this far.

On my way home from work I fantasized about drinking wine in the sun, i'm still thinking of drinking a lot but I have no desire to act upon these thoughts. Each time I think of drinking I think about what will happen if I take that first drink and where I'll end up. Ocasionnally my addictive mind tells me that because my DOC was alcohol I will be ok if I buy some coke. I'm clearly still having issues in which I need to sort.

I just watched a documenary on Steve-O which is about his drug and alcohol addiction and becoming sober. It was good to watch and relate and also to remind me exactly why I need to be sober.

This thread prob seems like a bit of rambling but I just wanted to share where I was at 90 days in. Also I don't go to meetings so I wanted to talk on here. Thanks to anyone who read this