View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

You sound like me, minus some specifics. I attend AA, I have no money for the basket, but I go and I even drink their coffee. One day, I'll be able to repay them. For now, I have a sponsor and I work the steps. Those steps saved my life. Today, I have a part time job. I haven't gone without food or shelter in 10+ months. My life is turning around.

It's not easy, but it is simple. When I was at the end of my rope, I had no options left. I went to AA, sat and listened, heard someone's story and ran up to her after she spoke. She spent 2 days guiding me through the steps. I have been a different person since then. Not everything is spectacular, but I can look in the mirror today and not feel all of the guilt and shame. It's getting better.

You can try AVRT, but no matter what program you choose, work it like your life depends on it! I just didn't have money to buy that book, in fact, I still really don't have much money, but the bills are getting paid, the old creditors are spoken to, and life is so much more than it had been.

First, you must stop drinking and learn to stay stopped with a program of recovery. It doesn't matter how or why you drank, today it's about NOT drinking.

I know you can do this!

Hugs & love,