View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
serenity777
Sometimes, It takes awhile!!!

hi utopia, can't help but reply to this post too...can really relate!!! i too was on anti.dep. for about 5 yrs. been off of them for about 2 yrs....! i would suggest staying in close contact with your doctor. It wasnt easy weaning off my meds. and if i felt i needed them again i would go back on them. sleeping?...i feel as if im slowing waking from a dream...(i dont mean bc of the meds, though) i mean from being lost in relationships. wow, now for me that was a nightmare. but now i believe my life is starting anew. not sure where its going but its must be something wonderful....!!! i try to stay very aware of the moment and what im feeling. i would suggest that about your meds situation. when i was on the meds and getting sober it was tough, but with the help of mtg and friends i got through it....my thinking has changed...so now that i've been off meds....i can talk my way out of depression. i realize today that whenever i'm depressed its bc im beating myself up. i try and take a look at what i'm tellng myself. but thats just for me. i felt all kinds feelings when i first went off meds...from numbness to anger and all inbetween....still do though. keeping talking with your doc. and let him/her know your progress. hugs serenity777