View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Cajun girl
Paused

More about me

Thank you for your warm welcome. Since I started reading Al-Anon literature the last 3 months, I have realized I have be co-dep. in every love relationship. (I'm not a young cookie) Presently I've reunited with a man I fell in love with 20 yrs. ago. When we decided to live together (with my 2 wonderful children from a previous marriage) he had 2 yrs. sobriety. The last 8 months however have been hell. He has had multiple relapses with all the associated behaviors. I went through the "how could he lie if he loves me" "I thought if we showed him love, he would stay sober." He is trying to work his program and I'm struggling with detachment. I do work, have hobbies, and spend time with my children. I want to share my life him and it seems he needs quite a bit of time alone. He sleeps alot which I have read is normal for the newly sober again person. I struggle with trying too hard for our relationship, trying too hard to "help", and putting myself last. UGH... See why I'm here? HA.... Thanks for listening.