Thread: Please help...
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WarriorQueen
Lady Blaze

Question Please help...

Hi all!
I am a 22 y.o prescription drug addict. Both of my parents are alcoholics, and my dad actually just got off hospice for cirrhosis and hepatorenal syndrome.
My mother provides me with most of my drugs (I use opiates more than other types.)
I was sober for 2 days and I relapsed today. I have a bf who loves me very much, and my mom is just extremely codependent.
I suffer from bipolar disorder and am on seroquel for that.
I really want to quit the drugs. I'm starting to feel very trapped in this. I can't seem to detox myself, as the withdrawals become hellish. It's the mental stuff (worst anxiety ever and an overwhelming sense of dread, and cravings) that I cant get through. The drugs make me an abusive b*tch to everyone I love and I am already suffering health issues from the drug use... I do not want to do maintenance therapy. I would like to get into some kind of rehab or counseling, but I have no income and too many assets to get government help. I am out of ideas, but I feel like I'm running out of time.

Also, I am not a very religious/spiritual person so I can't seem to do 12 step program stuff.

Last edited by WarriorQueen; 03-24-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Forgot...