View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RECF

Ha Ha, I wish Amy! But thanks for the vote of confidence. But yeah, I guess the anxiety is a little less. Honestly, super grateful to my part-time job for keeping me in the loop, though it took me a year to start using my students for social opportunities. It's safe 'cause they look at me as just a way to practice English and they know they are going back to their "Real" life as soon as the course is over.
But the point is that I am DOING something!

I try not to stress outside of that fact!

I've lost potential friends, too due to isolation, people who coulda really helped me, too. One fellow in my neighborhood, if I had just returned his e-mails, coulda helped me get back into school. Too much isolation... I guess I just couldn't get it together for that, though. I'll just have to try again.
That's one thing that drives me back in, too. You know, when I **** up oppotunities because I can't respond soon enough (or at all). Then I feel bad and rather than trying MORE, sometimes, I just STOP.

That's why I shared that quote about leprosy. Sometimes I have to repeat it to myself when I'm too nervous or whatever.

I know I'm worth more than the life I am living. I am the only agent who can change that, though.