View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
12skiptomylue

Originally Posted by langkah View Post
If the professional makes the suggestion to you that you begin attending AA to make the barest start in what will be needed for the rest of your life to correct this long ongoing problem, will you take his/her professional recommendation?

That's the chance you're taking by telling the compete truth.

Perhaps I can be of help there:

1.Have friends or family ever worried or complained about your alcohol use?

2.Do you ever use alcohol first thing in the morning or to get you through the day?

3.Are you concerned about your alcohol use?

4.Do you ever use alcohol to overcome the effects of other alcohol taken earlier?

5.Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your alcohol use?

6.Have you ever felt regret after taking alcohol?

7.Do you conceal your use from family or friends, or edit stories involving your drinking?

8.Does your alcohol use impact negatively on other parts of your life e.g. work, friendships, finances, health?

9.Have you ever run out of money because you've spent your money on alcohol?

10.Would you like to change the way you use alcohol?
If someone told me that it would be good to attend AA, then yes, I would.
1. No. In fact, most of my friends say I'm "fine" and I'm "fun" when I drink.
2. No. I've thought about it a couple times, but never did it. I have drank ONE beer a few times at Noon.
3. Yes
4.No.
5. No. I fell once when I tripped over a hot dog stand after drinking, but just scraped myself up a little. Another time, a drunk guy fell on me when I was drinking, but not drunk, and I fell and got a concussion.
6. Yes
7. From my Mom, because she thinks any amount of drinking is evil.
8. Nope. I really don't think I have any negative effects except for me being worried about it.
9. Nope.
10. Yes.