View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dominica2
Sober...Finally.

Feels good to be sober today!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported me last night when I was going through a really tough craving. You all were right, I do feel good this morning. Not hungover and not still in bed bitching about how I wasted the day because I dont feel like doing ****. I woke up at 8 am and cooked my daughter sausage and eggs and started cleaning the house. Busy day today. Going to 2 AA meetings today (one at noon and one at 8 pm). Then I am taking my daughter swimming at my grandmothers apartment providing that she is feeling better. She just completed round 2 of her chemo treatment. The weekends really are my weak point, but if I keep going to meetings and keep myself busy, I dont think it will be an issue. I am almost at the 2 week mark, and I am not gonna lie, it has actually flown by. Feels like I quit 3 days ago. I am not saying I haven't struggled with this (obvioulsy) but the days do get better and I am starting to realize everything I have to be thankful for and not be so negative or take everything for granted. It's amazing how alcohol makes you so selfish. I am really hoping I start to feel happy soon though. It kind of feels like I have depression trying to creep up on me. Again, thank everyone so much for the support. It really does get me through all this.

Dom.