View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
langkah

If the professional makes the suggestion to you that you begin attending AA to make the barest start in what will be needed for the rest of your life to correct this long ongoing problem, will you take his/her professional recommendation?

That's the chance you're taking by telling the compete truth.

Perhaps I can be of help there:

1.Have friends or family ever worried or complained about your alcohol use?

Can I help it if they're the type who jump at shadows? Their politics are all wrong, too.

2.Do you ever use alcohol first thing in the morning or to get you through the day?

Never, except on vacation or when it's got a classy name. Brunch isn't morning, you know?

3.Are you concerned about your alcohol use?

Trick question. In the past I've occasionally been concerned about thermonuclear war, but that doesn't mean I have a problem with it.

4.Do you ever use alcohol to overcome the effects of other alcohol taken earlier?

Not at all. What good would that do me? I want the effects from today's booze, not what I drank yesterday. Geez.

5.Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your alcohol use?

What, like accidents can't happen? I've been injured also as a child when no alcohol was involved...gotcha!

6.Have you ever felt regret after taking alcohol?

In Vegas they water the drinks to nothing. It's true, I always regret every single drink there. Score one for your test.

7.Do you conceal your use from family or friends, or edit stories involving your drinking?

Not at all. Well, only if it spares them pain. That's being unselfish and alcoholics are selfish so that's a point for me. Hah!

8.Does your alcohol use impact negatively on other parts of your life e.g. work, friendships, finances, health?

No, I've made countless new friends drinking. I do hate it when they somehow get my phone #. As far as the rest I drink doing all that stuff, so no problem.

9.Have you ever run out of money because you've spent your money on alcohol?

That's why God made ATMs.

10.Would you like to change the way you use alcohol?

Like with some kind of a patch or an IV? Don't be crazy. OK, I did think about the IV thing, but for only a moment.