View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((wifeinark))) - Welcome to SR, though I'm sorry for what has brought you here.

I'm a recovering crack addict, have loved ones who are addicts, so I have been on both sides of the fence of addiction. I never liked meth, but my stepbrother was on it and he was living here with my dad/stepmom, stole a ton of stuff from my dad, was extremely paranoid and "scary" according to my niece who also lives here.

I hung around with meth addicts when I was using, and (((OTL))) is right...they can get extremely violent in a heartbeat and the paranoia is unreal. Street lights are "cop car lights" in their head, there are video cameras hidden in the house recording everything, etc. This all leads to totally irrational behavior.

I hope you and your daughter get away from him. I do have to say, however, don't expect it to get him clean again...that's totally up to him and though it worked out that way the last time, there's no guarantees with addiction. You and your daughter deserve to not be subject to his addiction, to feel safe in your own home.

SR has been a huge part of my recoveries - especially the codependency one as, to me, it's harder. I know addiction inside and out, but it hasn't stopped me from getting dragged into drama with loved ones who are still using but I've gotten better at boundaries and if I slip..I don't stay there long, and always come here and get re-grounded.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy