View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wifeinark

Please Help: Husband on Meth

Hi! I came across this forum & thought maybe I could get some help or ideas what to do in the situation that I am in. My husband is using meth and possible crack (not sure) and is not willing to admit to it.

He has been an addict for a long time and relapsed about two years ago and went to a short rehab and has done well for the past few years. I noticed "the behaviour" starting up around December and have watched it gradually increase since then. He has lost weight to where it is noticeable. I can tell that he is not doing his job the way that he should be and he is in a district management position to where there are several people working under him. The group of friends that he is hanging around are all known for using the same thing. I believe that this is his first time to get caught up in Meth, as it was always crack before.

We have a 13 year old daughter at home and four grown children who do not live with us now. His parents are both deceased and he doesn't really have a relationship with any of his siblings, which do not live close to us anyway.

I am employed but if he loses his job, I do not make enough money to cover all of the bills that we have or to support us financially.
Our daughter is aware of his problem and knows that he is doing it again and keeps telling me that he isn't goint to stop untill we leave. Because, thats what we had to do the last time to get him to realize that he needed help.

Please help me thru this I am struggling deep inside. I am sad, afraid and feel so helpless. I love him to pieces but this is killing me. I constantly worry about him all of the time.

Thank you!