View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
upintheair

Originally Posted by FedUpWith2Brats View Post
The fact that he has had to have "the hair of the dog" more than once shows that his problem is deeper than you realize.
Actually that is precisely what made me realize he had a bigger problem than I realized, and I think maybe even bigger than he realized. When I witnessed it I thought, "that cannot be normal".

AND the fact that you came here looking for advice tells me that you already know he has a problem, you just need moral support to know that what you are feeling and thinking is ok.
Certainly, because while my dad was a weekend alcoholic, he died when I was twelve. So I don't really have that much experience with this type of thing. I was also pretty submerged in fundamentalist religion for the twenty years of my marriage, so that also feeds into my thought process pretty heavily. While I've been able to "shake" a lot of that, I still encounter self-doubt quite regularly. "Am I thinking about this rightly?" "What if I'm wrong?" I've pretty much learned that it's okay to be wrong. What a novel idea, eh?

Well, it is. Listen to your inner voice, it is rarely wrong. There is nothing wrong with leaving now and letting him get his life back on track. If you are important enough to him he will make the right choices. If not, then you know that he has become his own worst enemy. If you are meant to be together, it will happen. Anything worthwhile is worth waiting for, and you are worth the wait. Don't you let him make you forget it. Hugs to you and prayers.

Thanks. I did need this reminder. I keep telling myself that I deserve better for myself than to accept unacceptable behavior. He does too.