View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thumper

That sounds really good. You are being smart. The only thing I will add before leaving the thread is that you state your boundaries (or know them in your head) and then watch. *You* decide who you want to be with. Your life is not his decision you see? There is such a HIGH chance that he is going to say 'Well of course I decide to be with you. Of course I will moderate my drinking. Of course I accept your boundaries." and whether he really means it or not he can't keep that promise or stick to that decision if he has a drinking problem. He just can't. He will become deceitful or resentful or both.

You either marry someone with a drinking problem and accept all the truths of alcoholism, or you do not.

Read read read. You are so smart in identifying this concern of yours now and for getting information now. Read all the stickies at the top, learn all you can about alcoholism. It is very important that regardless of what he is willing to accept or know about his drinking - that you are fully aware of what alcoholism means for you and your future before making this decision.