View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
upintheair

I totally agree with that, Thumper. When we first began our relationship it was entirely predicated on our complete honesty with one another. He put himself up to be mature, and self-reflective.

That is why I've tried my best to be completely honest with him about my misgivings. He's been quite hurt that I haven't said to him "no matter what we'll be together". I've told him instead that I can't be with someone I can't trust.

He does deserve to be with someone who loves all of who he is. I've been honest with him about the fact that I don't like excessive drinking. What I meant by throwing someone away is that I felt I needed to tell him what my boundaries are and let him decide for himself if that was someone he wants to be with. Before I marry him I will either decide I can and will accept all of who he is or I won't marry him and I will set him free. I thought it would be best to lay it all out there so that if I decide I can't be with him it won't come as some shock. I don't want to be dishonest.