View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
Zoso, sending prayers and thoughts of peace to you and your friends family. There is no sense in losing someone , there is no way to justify it. Accept the pain you feel and the sense of loss of what could have been. Praying for all of the addicts who we love.
Love
Teresa
There's a guy in Al Anon who's been around the block a few times. He's very, very wise man; whenever he shares in a meeting, what he says is must hear. At any rate, he lost a son last year, and when he speaks of him, there's two components to it. There's the Al Anon component, where he recognizes that his son was suffering and God took him back so he wouldn't be suffering anymore. And then there's the fatherly component, where he's grieving every day, where he knows his son isn't supposed to die before him.

I spoke with my AXGF's friend only a handful of times. He was a really nice kid who, unfortunately, was a heroin addict. And I'm trying to imagine what it was like for him those last moments of his life. What sort of pain drives someone to drugs? How alone did he feel? Why is it that some addicts find recovery and happiness while others can't get a grip on it and die?

I'll never understand it.