Thread: It's that time
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
4MyMel

It's that time

Hi Everyone, I've posted on here a few times, I guess I was "preparing" in a way. I realized a while ago that my life with alcohol isn't going to go well, it's just taken me some time to gear up an quit. I'm on day 3 right now. I have quit before for up to a month. I never have any detox systoms really. I've been sleeping like 10 hours a day though :-/ Otherwise I feel fine, except that my attention span isn't that great...I am having a hard time focusing at work and I'm constantly consumed with my "list of things to do." Maybe feeling a little overwhelmed.

One thing that worries me is that I have massive cravings for alcohol. I don't want to drink. I don't want to wake up in a daze, not remember what I watched on TV last night and I don't want to be consumed with when I will get that next drink. Every weekend, my mind is consumed with when it will be time to start drinking and how to cover it up. Covering it up from my partner has become like a game, a game I don't want to play anymore.

How long does it take for these cravings to go away? I'm trying to alter my daily routines so that I'm not tempted, but it's hard. I started taking a walk after work and make sure I come back around 7pm. I would normally leave work 5-5:30 and then go to the liqour store...by 7:30pm I'd be feeling "good." I feel like if I can make it to 7:30ish I can make dinner, watch my shows and I'm OK. Don't know how the weekend will go.

I've went to AA a few times and I'm not sure I want to go again. I like reading and talking to people online.