Old 03-21-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Black,

The desire to change is awesome..... but it doesn't usually come for free like the compulsion to drink being removed was for me. A lot of the "change" has required effort, vigilance, and doing what I don't necessarily want to do......

You may feel slothful but here's the good news, your feelings aren't necessarily the truth. Unless you think God made a mistake with you, He made you perfect. You may feel slothful and you may be acting slothfully......but you're not slothful. That means, it's a decision...that you can make or unmake to act slothfully or not.

Don't feel bad though....I think most of us have similar issues with laziness and self-centered thinking/feeling. The whole "working with others" that Shaun posted above is a great practice ground for getting off yer butt and doing something you may not want to do at first but almost always get a pretty quick payoff for doing. With practice there....putting in the effort to make some of the other changes you discussed will come more easily.