Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
langkah

Perhaps you're like me, just naturally lazy? Kidding...

More likely you've been busy with your recovery this year and are now feeling the impulse to rejoin life, head a good direction and are antsy to begin to make your way. You can feel frozen in place until you decide on your path and begin.

Best example for you I can think of is my son, who got sober 10 years ago at 20. He chose a profession that fascinated him, got his GED (because drinking he didn't do school), got the court stuff filed away and began a 2 year college then completed another 2yrs University level for his degree, he then went to grad school for his doctorate. Because he's a sharp guy like you he did amazingly well at school. The key was he wanted to get to where he is today, so his goal was always there. He stayed active in AA through that as he knew his dreams were contingent on staying sober. Still are.

What's the coolest 3 things you've seen anyone doing for their occupation but knew that could never in a million years happen for you? You've then narrowed it down to 3. Pick the most practical one of the 3, as that's always the most spiritual.