Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blacklisted

Applying the steps/principles in everyday life..

Hey all, I'm new to the forums but have been lurking for a few weeks but decided to join tonight.
So I feel... stuck. I'm 18 years old and got sober at 17 and my whole life I've had everything handed to me, and now that I'm sober it's happening more and it's bugging me. I've become complacent with it and I have the desire to start changing and building some work ethic, but I've become very comfortable in my easy mode bubble and I feel stuck. At 15-16 years old I dropped out of high school and until I got out of rehab and started working some steps my dad never brought it up, now it's on my mind and I want to get my GED (maybe I don't? I don't know!) and I can't break my sloth funk...

When I pray for willingness I'll study and take some practice tests online and get into the zone, and as soon as I get into that zone I get spiritually complacent and it stops.

I have been sober for ten months but I feel like I'm not where I should be and I'm looking for insight! If it wasn't 1AM I'd talk to my sponsor about it... Maybe that's an excuse but any advice is appreciated.

I don't know if the thread title fits this topic but it's what came to mind. :P