Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Pigtails

I'm at 4.5 months and I think I am just hitting the wall phase, or more like the freak-out phase. At first it was very emotional up and down rollercoasters for a month, then mainly pink cloud for another month or two, and this last month has been rougher... I get distracted by anything and everything but recovery work... but on the whole I've had a feeling like "I can do this, my life will be so much better, I'm optimistic" and now I start feeling more like "oh crap, life is still life, and now I actually have to deal with it." I guess that is how I can best describe what's happening to me... I'm realizing that I have to find a way to live in reality without alcohol or drugs or my old ways of coping, and it's really scary, and I start to wonder if the past four months has just been some kind of a joke or a test I've been playing on myself, and sooner or later I will realize I'm bound to be a drinker no matter what. I don't want to do that so I am stepping up my step work and just talking about it with people who understand really helps. I am determined to stay sober no matter what, but I definitely think sobriety throws me some curveballs... or I guess it's my alcoholic way of thinking. :-/

Best wishes.