View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Dagothz View Post
That being said, here it goes... I know I have a problem, .....

Now my problem is that I don't drink everyday, when I'm around my girlfriend I don't drink and most of the time I don't drink... but the second I'm alone ( the very second I know I'm alone fore like 24 hours ) I drink like 6-7 beers in like 2 hours get drunk ( I know it ain't much to some of you ) and then the day after I feel like **** swear I will never drunk pass a day and then if I'M alone the next day I'll drink again until I'm drunk, all by myself....

I just don't know what to do... I have this thirst when I'm alone and don't know how to get past it... I go to the university and it affect my grades. I'm very desperate ((((
Are you alcoholic? (answer that to yourself......I don't need to know) check out this other thread I just posted in: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3326219

The part of your post I quoted sounds like the inability to stay away from the first drink - AKA the mental obsession I covered in #2 in that post above.

Maybe you're still in control though and maybe you can moderate or set your mind to fixing the problems. Do that.......soon........like......today.

---If you can't, don't go to AA -- GOING to AA is a waste of time. The program is not designed to work by "going to AA." On the other hand......if you want to go to some meetings to find a guide through the steps, to work the steps, and to emerge a completely different person.....someone you can actually LIKE.......then AA works, it's guaranteed to work, and I've never seen it NOT work.