View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
DoinThis

Hiya...All the best 6palms! The list u wrote....I'm experiencing those things for the first time in a long time and seriously, now 7 weeks sober they give me a way bigger high than drinking! I was feeling so good just hanging with my family the other day that I thought 'wow, this is the feeling I was chasing with every drink but never able to feel'! If u can get through the first month that's gonna be tough, this is on the other side!

What worked for me was being absolutely completely Open and honest with my husband. He was so sick of my empty promises and was well and truly over it! But when I got a week, then 2 he started really being supportive and helped me. That first month I had to be honest with him as I was sooooo irritable and it was of no fault of his so I had to explain alcohol withdrawls blah blah. I would definately not play it down to the most important person in your life. It gives u someone to be accountable to, someone else who u don't want to disappoint in those hard times when u 'think' u don't care and want another drink.

The saying I heard is 'it's never gonna be easier than today to quit'. All the best