View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lesliej

hey there, nice to see you back here but sorry for the reason...I am glad that you are coming to get some strength.

sometimes it helps me to think about all the movies, plays, poems and songs that have been written about not so pleasant connections. we are not alone! it is easy to be charmed and duped and manipulated by a person, and when they have used you under the guise of love it can be painful and shaming...so we get bound to them, because we need to keep trying to prove our worst fears wrong.

I think you came here because you intuitively know it is wrong. usually when we ask for advice we already know the answer...but we want some help admitting it to ourselves.
I remember your story, and in mythic story terms he is like a financial vampire. look at all the films out there...these types of people are always very smooth, usually good looking, charming, suave...and they suck up all your resources.

my ex is kind of a jekyll/hyde character or...even a werewolf. seriously, he'll tell you that himself. these sorts of mythic/fictional characters come out of the collective psyche of humanity. anyway, I don't mean to sound bizarre, but really, somehow the fact that these sorts of behaviors are archetypal help me to accept that I am in the midst of one of those stories!

don't let him put you in a trance! don't "invite him in"!!