Thread: Letting Go
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
eyeswideshut1

Erynn, it sounds like you are pretty clear on why this man is wrong for you. I have been going through a separation from an ABF over the past few months, and I can say for my part that it's taken a while to get over the anger. And maybe that's a good thing, because anger can help you, when the shock of the separation is fresh, to remember why you are separating from him. I have slowly begun to forgive my AXBF, and to forgive myself for allowing him to use and manipulate me, but it has taken some time, and even though I forgive him, I have not forgotten the lies and manipulation he is capable of. I can say for myself that it can bring all the difficult emotions back when they try to find a way back in. (My XABF contacted me yesterday for the first time in four months and I feel shaken!) But the time away from him has at least given me some perspective. I feel less angry and more compassionate toward him, but with an emotional distance that I didn't used to feel. So...I hope you can give yourself some time and try to stay strong and maintain the separation for a while. You will find peace in time!