Old 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BackToSquareOne

Originally Posted by FreddyBear View Post
I've found that after I quit drinking back in February for 30+ days, the main problem for me was boredom. I remember that I was genuinely interested in many things about 10 years ago when I didn't drink. For example, I was a big football fan and didn't miss any match or football news tv program. Played PC games for entertainment and had real fun, loved fishing and also read a lot.

Now I see that I find no joy in any of previously enjoyed activities. Last years I used to watch movies or a sports event or fish while drunk and it has all been very interesting, but I can't say it now. Some strange low-mood boredom appeared and I think it was the main reason for my recent relapse.

Just wondering if someone experience this, how do you deal with it (just wait or something else), and if this can become better over the time.
FreddyBear, I doubt that what you describe is all that uncommon. After quitting I was never able to again find any joy in many of the things I loved in the distant past. Don't know if that's just part of getting older or what. I would say tho that if you lose interest in everything that's a whole different ball of wax and could be a sign of depression creeping in.