Old 03-17-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Olivia333

Welcome to SR StuckinFL

You absolutely came to the right place! I'm pretty new to this site too and I can't even begin to tell you how much it's helped me.

I too am I recovering oxy addict. I've been clean off oxy's and any opiates for over a year now, but I'm still in a program and slowly weaning off my suboxone that was prescribed by my doctor.

Have you looked into getting help? I tried to quit cold turkey sooooo many times on my own. I tried everything, used other substances to try and make the withdrawals not as bad but finally I realized I couldn't do it on my own and I had to reach out for help.

You signing up to this site is a clear indication that you are tired of being a slave to the drug. You CAN change things and you CAN get off the oxy. I never thought I could do it but here I am a year later and I'm much much happier. If I can do it so can you!

I have a good friend I met on this site and he has helped me so much and inspired me because he is a few steps ahead of me. You will see how many people feel exactly the same way you do and this will help you! Hang in there!

I'm not an expert but my advice to you is to try and get some help. There is no shame in reaching out for help. It was the best thing I ever did. I was scared, nervous and full of shame at first but I'm so glad I did it. I have my life back and I'm working towards getting off the suboxone completely with my doctor.

You CAN get off oxy, there are many success stories on here that may inspire you. Try to find some clinics in your area and go. Don't try to do it on your own. Don't even give up, if you slip and fall just get back up and try again, never stop trying.

We are all here to support you!

Olivia