Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SuzyMarie

I have found that my gut and intuition have never failed me WHEN I choose to acknowledge it. I spent way too many years going against what my instincts told me. My opinion is we all have to face life, addicts included, so I would not take take the blame that he chose to use because you had a difficult and deep discussion. Many wise people on here have said there is never a REASON for the addict to use, but they make up plenty of excuses. Personally, I have had to go no contact, not as a punishment to HIM, but to save myself. And ANYTIME I broke my no contact rule, I was shown why I made the decision in the first place. I have stayed strong and I am not saying this is always easy but as time passes I am more and more grateful for the peace in my life. And as far as telling his family...I know it is tempting to want to let them know, but I would keep my nose out of it (I know this is also hard for a codie to do). Things have a way of revealing themselves in time and I have observed in my ex's life that they have their own higher power that will deal with them. I do not say this in a judgmental way toward him, but with a sense of relief from that burden. Just keep taking care of you.