View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
celticgenes

Ah, don't I know this scenario well. My A ex-fiance sent a text this weekend stating his head was shaved and he was going for a nuclear scan next week, but I shouldn't worry, cause I got out in time.

We are both healthcare professionals, so he knew I would be alarmed. My solution? I called his son and his sister, and asked if they were aware that he was going for a test.

The answer? He's getting a brain scan for "dizzy spells".

Well, when you wash your Vicodin down with Scotch, you get pretty dizzy. Especially in the setting of chronic lung disease.

Thank the universe that you did NOT marry him. Then he'd be your permanent problem.

It is very, very hard not to respond when you know that he is hurting. If drinking was a deal breaker in your relationship (it was in mine), then let it break the deal. He broke it, not you. Now he must learn to live with the consequences. Something addicts have zero experience with.

I wish you well. You will get stronger with each unanswered message. Go to al-anon, go to therapy, see friends, pet dogs, listen to children laugh, watch "America's Funniest Videos", cry to your family. You will have the life you deserve.

Good luck