View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
meganw1972

Don't know how to stop talking to him

hello.

So for the last three months, I have been going through hell. My ex-fiance who had been sober for several years, relapsed 4 months before our wedding. I tried to be supportive him, he went through 3 weeks of rehab, then drank the first week he came out of it. he would leave for a week at a time without answering my calls or contacting me. He broke up with me twice. Finally 1 month ago I had enough, I broke up with him and asked him to move out. He couldn't even come and get his stuff, so I had to pack it up and hire movers. (He said he was too afraid to face me, and seeing our apartment made him emotional).

His thinking became so screwed up. he kept calling me and asked him not to, he thought that when I said we were done, that meant we were done for now and would soon be getting back together. Every time I kept asking him to stop contacting me or to get help ( when I asked him to get help, he would respond with something like, "Are you kidding me, I loved you") he would for a little bit.

I finally stopped contacting him, but then he started to threaten suicide so I would contact him and once took him to the hospital. Then this week, he told me he was hospitalized with ventricular tachycardia from drinking two bottles of scotch a day. I am a doctor and I know this is a type of irregular heart beat that is one step away from death. I didn't contact him for two days because I thought I really need to stop doing it and reinforcing with him that we can keep talking. But, on the third day, I broke down and contacting him, telling him how serious it is and that he needs help.

I have gone for more than a week without contacting him, but when he tells me serious things like he is suicidal or has been so close to death. Please help, I know I need to just stop contacting him, but don't really know how to do it.

Thanks