View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

How old is he?

If he started drinking right after rehab, he didn’t relapse to pills, he never really stopped using and at some point picked the pills back up…

Help him by not helping…
It is very simple, leave him to find his way, see him as capable and let his addiction go…

Whether you decide to stay or go, you will need to work on you, only you…get a support system, educate yourself about addiction and enabling.

His mother, tough call…

You are not his keeper and you are not obligated to tell her anything. Understand these are my feelings because I don’t play games and I will not be played for information. I didn’t with my mil, if she asked how he was then I told her to ask him, and also told her it wasn’t something I focused on, he was a big boy and could find his own way.

But if it is his mothers truck and he agreed not to use drugs while using it she has every right to take it away. If it is her home she has every right not to have someone in active addiction in it…. If it is his truck, she can’t touch it, at all. If it is his home, she can’t kick him out.

And please get past what will take him down, it seems having a home and having a truck didn’t keep him from using all this time.

Have you seen him do anything different since he spoke to you? Did he at all look for help ? If not I think you might know where he stands.