Thread: Natural sleep?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
DarkDays

Originally Posted by OheemJah View Post
I agree with Dark Days. I've been going my GP for two years, and have been taking anti anxiety meds and she prescribed me anti depressants (which I didn't take). When I quit drinking the anxiety subsided in a couple of days, now I can drink coffee and do normal things without the anxiety and panic attacks. I really do think that the anxiety and depression could be caused by your alcohol withdrawal, then you drink to feel a sense of temporary relief, and the vicious cycle starts all over again.

When I had a proper binge and then would have say the next 2 days off alcohol, I used to get very bad insomnia and very bad panic attacks,which always convinced me that alcohol helped me sleep, but in reality even when I was drinking I NEVER had a proper nights sleep, it was always broken restless and always very tired and depressed next day.

I went 18 months taking 15/30mg of zopiclone with a bottle of wine a night, wondering why I was depressed and manic, really scary, I went cold turkey with the zopiclone but continued to drink for another TWO years, how frigging sad.

Now 61 days without alcohell, The change is remarkable , no panic attacks or anxiety and I can sleep for say 5 hours straight through..this has been unheard of in my life , in fact even If i have a dreadful night tossing and turning its a million times better the next day just being sober.

This so far to me is the greatest gift I have received so far from being sober, feeling naturally tired and not worrying if i sleep or not because the next day i can handle it with Zero problems, god 30 years I have had of bad sleep and racing heart problems etc, cannot believe it has taken me so long to finally feel " Normal".