View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hope2be

Struggling Moms Part II

Hi everybody!

Hadn't been on the board lately, so I'm trying to catch up my board readings I want every Mom out there to know "I hear ya" and "I'm with you".

I've been busy house hunting and have found my little slice of heaven!
I was getting very discouraged while looking and I kept thinking..."let God get in the drivers seat, things will work out". Lo and behold, while driving (I'm sure God was at the wheel this time), came upon a cute little house just perfect for me.

This part of my recovery journey is new to me. I have no time to look at who is doing what and which disaster I can avert. It almost feels like I am riding a wave, not knowing when or where I will land. It's a little scary, but exhilerating at the same time. My thought processes and actions are different and I wonder, when did this happen? Maybe when I accepted my adult children for who they are, nothing more. Maybe it's when I accepted that I must let go and let God (which meant I had to stop being God).

My adult sons seem to be motivated now that there is a definite deadline date to move out. They are busy fixing an old car to save money (their share from the house sale). I can hear them discussing living options (biting my tongue to contain my input). My adult daughter and her son are making plans to move also. No drama, no chaos lately????

I continue to reach out for support and meditate on my daily readings because I know, living alone will be a big transition. I've learned how to quiet the voices in my head that try to instill fear by hanging onto my favorite quotes. I'm also aware I will feel some deep emotions when the time comes for everybody to set out on their own. But I am holding onto my faith and recovery to get me through.

So just wanted to send big huggs to all,
Hope