Thread: AA vs. RR/AVRT
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
What I have gotten out of the AVRT is: there is no 'fight-fight' to do when detaching from the Beast.
Quite correct, Zencat. This idea of "fighting" and "struggling" is not how it works. You only struggle if you think there is a point to struggling (uncertainty about possible drinking), but the Big Plan of AVRT takes care of that. Of course, people who can't imagine 'swearing off', and who believe that some harmless, impotent thoughts are the end of the world, will never grasp this.

Instead, they will demand that desire be removed, so they can then take the path that nature has laid out for them by default -- the path of least resistance. That's kind of like demanding to be neutered on account of those pesky thoughts about the neighbor's wife, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
For me its as simple as having a using thought, then moving my mind to heather thoughts. No fight there, unless having mental activity is a considered a fight by some.
I haven't always moved to 'healthier' thoughts, which in a way is fighting the thoughts instead of just detaching. I've often just passively observed the Beast's antics, gaining some interesting insight along the way.