View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
TheEnd
High on Life

When I went to rehab, I was on a 11 day relapse....that landed me in detox, then baker acted twice, and finally back to detox. Had I not gone to rehab, I wouldn't be here today. It's not something I wanted to do, but it's something I had to do. I needed to be away from the world so I could concentrate on myself.

It's a great start, but you will have to be willing to work for it, and it doesn't guarantee sobriety once you get out. Hell it doesn't even guarantee it when you're inside, because if you really want to drink and use, you will find away.

Currently I'm a teacher and had to take a leave of absence for 3 months when I went to treatment, and this did not affect my career. I don't know what your profession is, but I have met many people who have also gone to treatment with all types of careers from Doctors, police officers, lawyers, nurses, firemen, dentists, news anchors, computer programmers, city workers, etc.... You name it. None of these people had any negative consequences as a result of going to rehab.

Most companies will actually work with you and have stipulations in the policy that allow for leave in cases such as these. Like I said, I don't know what your profession is, but if you're the kind of alcoholic like I was, you stand to lose more by not going than you do by going.

Think about it, can you really have a career if you're in jail or dead?