Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IvanKatz

Stuck,
Stop and think for a moment all the cash that went to drugs instead of your child. Think of all the times with your child you forgot about because you were high. Think about the real emotions you missed with your child because of the pills.

Lastly,SERIOUSLY Think about what would happen if you were in prison and what would happen to your child - for the rest of his life as a result of your felony, jail time, and your reputation?

Now, I didn't say that to be a #*$*. I asked this because YOU have to ask yourself if you are ready to accept the fact that your child is more important than pills and is your child worth the work to become clean?

I'm not offering a feel good pep talk. I won't offer that because what you have ahead of you is not easy. It will be hard! Life is gonna SUCK for a couple of weeks. After that life is going to be tough for a couple of months. After that, life will be pretty good.

I know because I'm almost to the point where life is returning to normal - after 9 weeks off my prescriptions. It's not easy, BUT, it's worth it.

OK, now that I've given my tough love speech... You can do this.