Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
langkah

'...it seems that everyone hit a real low in order for them to wake up and get sober.'

In upper class AA groups you'd likely feel less fortunate than those members. Our bank balance doesn't alter our problem or our solution.

'They had lost everything, and I can see if I continued with the drinking how that could be me.'

If you listened there were points in their stories at which they hadn't lost everything and were feeling pretty lucky in life and were doing peachy. I see you haven't lost everything and are feeling pretty lucky in life and are doing peachy.

'I'm scared that I might have to in order to stop drinking forever.'

Yeah maybe, maybe not. Depends how sharp you are.

'Right now I am kidding myself that one day I can be a responsible drinker again.'

No you can't. You stand no more chance than the people writing all the 'OMG, I was so surprised my drinking got out of hand again' posts in the newcomer section. You could stay stopped or you could be very surprised too. Or pretend to be, since I just told you how it eventually goes, always.

'It seems that my reasons for drinking are invalid compared to other peoples stories. I drank because my life seemed to be too good to be true.'

People will put spins on the reasons why they continue to make themselves sick but the spins are false and wonderful examples of self-dishonesty. Alcoholics drink for one reason, not more for more than one.

Good you're learning, keep that up as there's lots to find out about in order to not wind up with a tainted and torn life.