Old 03-08-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
justhadenough

Originally Posted by Holly7 View Post
Wow. This really helps. I guess i hadn't thought of it like that. I guess I'm trying to find someone with a similar story to mine to see if they can enlighten me on why I have my problem just so I don'[t feel so alone.
Hi Holly

I've just re-read my reply. I didn't meant to upset you or be harsh-just saying what I thought about my own situation and how things can end up. I'm late 30s with a good life and have drunk for years, college, University, then work related stuff to the point it was just normal. But it creeps up slowly to the point it is necessary and the side effects/consequences are serious. Not really bad, as you say, but that was mainly good luck and fortune rather than any good judgment on my part. Recently, 20 years after I started drinking, I looked in the mirror and can see the toll it has taken. I do not want my husband looking at me and thinking how on earth did I end up with this fat, ugly, bloated woman who smells of and is dependent on wine? (he hadn't said that YET) 2 months later I've lost 20 pounds, look fitter and healthier than I have in years and despite a couple of lapses intend to continue a drink free life.