Thread: Here to learn
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

The Intransigence of AVRT

Originally Posted by shockozulu View Post
...another member of my fellowship shared a very wise thought. It was "It's One Day at a time. If I think farther than that I know my thinking is screwed." and you what? He's right.
Copyright © 2005 - 2012 Shockozulu

When ideas like this are included in a thread about learning how to quit for good, it's like a gift on a platter - a great opportunity to use AVRT and recognize the idea for what it is, institutionalized AV.

Even though the fellowship idea directly implies that AVRT is not right (because AVRT rejects outright one day at a time), and, therefore, logically, AVRT must be wrong, there is no way the fellowship idea can actually influence the abstinence of someone using AVRT.

This is the beauty of AVRT.

Even if every single person in the whole world belonged to this "fellowship" and held such ideas of being "right" in regards to intentionally refusing to make a commitment about future drinking/using;

Even if Jack Trimpey himself were convinced he had been wrong in creating AVRT and decided to go back to the fellowship meetings;

Even if it could be proven that no one ever in the history of mankind had been able to do what I've done with AVRT;

well, EVEN THEN, I would not be able to join in and decide that " " If I think farther than that I know my thinking is screwed." "

I am simply unable to relinquish my commitment to permanent abstinence.