View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IvanKatz

I'm sure you've heard the expression "Chasing the Dragon"? That expression applies to oxy just as well as heroin. The two are one in the same. The only difference being one is from a plant and the other is from a lab.

When you first start using, you brain releases massive amounts of dopamine from your brain. As you continue to use, your brain cannot supply that dopamine like it did at first. Secondly, the narcotics begin slowly damaging those dopamine receptors. After you begin using regularly, you never feel the rush anymore and you have to take more and more of the drug just to feel NORMAL! At this point, people begin jumping to higher and higher doses or stronger drugs.

What "Chasing the Dragon" means is that a person who uses either drug alway gets a huge rush at first. That rush is the dragon. Once you begin using regularly, you NEVER can reach that rush you once had. Ergo, you will always be chasing the dragon yet never catch it. In the end, the dragon catches you and it is too late.

You WILL end up in a pit. Literally or figuratively - they are both the same and have very steep walls.

I would like to give you a stern warning. One that I do not make in jest or in boast. Everyone who starts down this past believes with all their being that they are stronger than the medications. Why is that? Well, at first your brain releases all that dopamine. That release is one of the most powerful experiences a person will have in their life. The dopamine gives the person a massive feeling of power, happiness, and even sexual like satisfaction.
This is one reason why narcs are called the big lie. Because you ARE being lied to about who good and important you feel when using - at first.
Now comes the second lie... Now that you've been using long enough (you're at the tipping point) you have to take more and more just to feel like you're normal. You want to stop but fear and panic sets in and you can't. At this point, most people continue using out of fear and desperation. You're brain is no longer the same as it once was and operates at the hand of this drug. It is only when you land in the pit is when your eyes finally open.

Now comes the third and biggest lie of them all...

You decide you've had enough and you go through the W/D in an attempt to become sober. You spends days or weeks going through an absolute hell ride of which you want to die every minute of every day. But somehow you make it through and begin returning to your old natural self.
Say you beat the demon and go 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years without using.
You're now at the point where you are free from the dragon. But something odd happens to you. In your mind, you miss that old rush but somehow forget the pain. In your mind you believe that you were so strong to quit, you're now strong enough to use again.
***Only this time you can do it AND beat it! Yes, I strong enough to beat it this time!!!!!!!!
So you take a couple on weekend and have so much fun! Dang! That's the old rush I remember! Then you take a couple more the next weekend. WoW! THat was a slammin good time. Monday morning you wake up and feel like cr@p so one won't hurt to get us through the morning. Damn! It's 2PM and I need to feel better so I can get my stuff done so you take another. Tuesday is the same as monday. Wednesday though, you have to take 4 pills instead of 2 and by next Saturday you have to take 6 pills instead of 4.
Guess where you are?
THat's why it's called the biggest lie ever told.

If you believe you are stronger than the drug... What makes you believe that you are the only person in the world who has that kind of Supernatural strength?