View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
phoebe64

When I told a few friends I was not drinking for health reasons, 2 specifically, were quite nice and still incude me. Both are very light drinkers, and would not neccesarily always get a drink anyway, if we went out. So, one, specifically, is good about calling to go for a walk, or a movie, not always dinner(I am also trying to lose/watch my weight), and supportive of better health. But, she is so busy, I hardly can see her. Once every few months.

Another is also very busy, but changing my drinking has not changed us. Well, i do wonder if she is getting folks together for drinks, if she excludes me because i would be tempted or since i do not drink, I might not go. I actually can go and have a cappucino, or soft drink, and enjoy a ladies' night out. My trigger is at home, evenings, with dh drinking.

But I have not said to anyone I am an alcoholic and have "quit" drinking. And I am not 100%successful at it either. While I have sober stretches, I have relapsed as well.

Telling people does help to remain sober, because then you know, they know you are not drinking. At best, it makes me more accoutable and I will not drink around people I have told.

rochele