Thread: after addiction
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kmangel

My son left his hell hole, too. When he was a teenager he got into drugs and alcohol, then my husband and I moved out of state and he came with us to start college. He did fine all the time he lived here, but then he decided to move back to where he grew up. I told him that his dad and I moved here to get him away from all the bad influences living there were to him and to be careful. My words fell on deaf ears. He started back using drugs immediately when he moved back. Four years later he accumulated two DUI's, massive debt, lost his girlfriend, wrecked his car, and was a heroin addict.

A couple months after moving back home, he started having a pity party because he had no friends here. All his friends were back where he was a drug addict and he missed them. I couldn't fathom how he could ever want to move back there, but he started talking about moving back. He didn't, thank God. I think he knows how crazy that would be. What I have come to realize, though, is that he's good at saying what I want to hear. What he truly believes and what he says still don't always match up.